About Individual Eyelash Extensions
Semi permanent eyelashes enhance your natural lashes by adhering a synthetic individual eyelash to each natural eyelash using the finest medical grade adhesive. Light, comfortable, natural and available in various curls, lengths and thicknesses. The eyelashes are made of the highest quality materials. Individual eyelash extensions are semi permanent and can last up to 3-12 weeks, depending on your natural lash growth cycle and aftercare. To keep your lashes at their very best, we recommend infill maintenance every 3-4 weeks. With expert application by a trained technician and by avoiding the use of oil-based eye products, eyelash extensions behave just like natural lashes and achieve a thicker, fuller and more flattering look. A patch test is required 24/48 hours prior to treatment.
Aftercare for your lashes
To ensure you get the best possible wear from your lashes it is recommended that you follow the below aftercare:
- Infills every 3-4 weeks
- Brush lashes daily
- Use a lash sealant/coating every other day to hold in place and strengthen glue bonds.
- Avoid any oily products on the Eye area.
- Do not get the lashes wet for 24 hours
- No Steam rooms/ Saunas/ Sunbeds or Swimming for 24hrs.
- Do not pick or fiddle with the lashes.
- To wash lashes if needed use Johnsons baby shampoo.
- Avoid sleeping face down or to one side as this will encourage loss of lashes.
Frequently asked Questions and Answers
Can lashes be applied if you are pregnant?….. Yes they can, recommended after the first trimester and a patch test is a must. Can lashes be worn if you wear glasses?….. Yes but a shorter length is recommended as to not touch the lens. What happens if a reaction occurs?….. In the event of a reaction the lashes will need to be removed professionally and the irritation should go down within 24/48 hours. In this 24hours all eye products should be avoided and cold compresses applied. Do reactions ever occur?… The eye area is a VERY delicate part of the body so yes reactions do happen from time to time as can be expected which is why a patch test is a must. Does Beauty by Genevieve perform infills on another therapists work?….. Unfortunately not. What is the difference between 1.5hour set and 2hour?…. The thickness and how many lashes are applied.
Preparation for your patch test and lash appointment.
- Arrive to your appointments with no eye make up on.
- If you wear Contact Lenses please come with a replacement pair or your glasses as Contacts cannot be worn during lash application.
- If it is your first treatment with Beauty by Genevieve it is advised that you arrive a few minutes prior to appointment to fill out some paperwork.